Red and Blue Wedding Inspiration
As primary colours, blue and red are bold and vibrant. They form the basic colour palette (along with yellow) from which all other colours arise. They are the advertising industry’s most prominent colours since they attract attention so effectively.
Patriotic Australian couples may choose this colour combination to represent your country. This puts a fun twist on your day and also invites your guests (whether or not they are from Australia) to share in the love for your country. Still, you could simply choose this theme because you love these colours, and that’s alright too!
To soften the boldness of these two colours, maintain a backdrop of white in your colour combination. It will keep the whole look and feel elegant and understated, while still being very effective.
Here are some ideas for your beautiful blue and red wedding colour theme:
- Watch Sex and the City to see how Carrie Bradshaw has dressed her bridesmaids and BFFs. Their stunning bright red and blue dresses look amazing.
- For a less formal country feeling, used checked materials. These can be in the form of ribbons around bouquets, placemats and accessories.
- Blue and red wedding flowers can include red roses, hydrangeas, delphiniums, sea holly, thistle, freesias, tulips and gladiolas.
- Serve blue and red shooters (like Sambuca) after dinner.
- Combine blue table runners or overlays with red underplates, or vice versa.
- Serve a Pavlova or cheesecake topped with blue and red berries for dessert.
For more ideas on red and blue wedding colours or to check out the original photos displayed above and their credits, make sure to check out our Red and Blue Pinterest board!