Just Picture It – Great Ideas with Frames
Picture frames are diverse and versatile, available in a never-ending variety of shapes, sizes and designs. New or old, big or small, they make for fabulous props and design elements for almost any style of wedding.
A fun way of sourcing a whole lot of frames for your wedding (and your home after the big day) is to ask friends and family to give you a picture frame for your engagement, hen party and / or kitchen tea instead of more traditional gifts. In this way, you will collect a number of very different styles and types of picture frames before your wedding day. This will also make your guests feel that they were an important part of your wedding décor.
Once you have a collection of frames, use them in some of the following ways:
- Use them as props in your wedding photographs, posing with them, leaning on big frames, and so on. Be creative and adventurous. Similarly, if you have a photobooth at your wedding, you may put a couple of the frames in there so that your guests can use them in their own pictures.
- Hang a collection of the frames from the trees outside your venue or above the dance floor with clear gut, making them look as if they are floating. This looks great in your photographs too.
- Frame photographs of flowers and have your bridesmaids walk down the aisle with these pictures instead of a traditional floral bouquet.
- Round up old photographs of your friends and family members (trying not to leave anyone out) and frame these for display around your venue. These may be cute, funny or romantic to look back on. For a more elegant look, use only the wedding photographs of those nearest and dearest to you.
- If you have children, display photographs of theme in the frames at the entrance of your reception venue, including them in a very special way.
- Use picture frames to hold your table numbers, table centrepieces (perhaps containing quotes or baby pictures of the couple) and menus.
- Give each guest a small picture frame (even a magnetic version for their fridge) to carry the theme through to your guest favours.
100 Layer Cake
Lucy Dylan Weddings | Ruffled
Oh Lovely Day
Style Me Pretty