DIY Embellished Sandals
So many brides, particularly tall ones, have a very difficult time of finding a pair of flat sandals that suits her dress and the occasion, while still being comfortable. These easy-to-make embellished flip-flops are sure to wow your guests while keeping you blister-free and dancing all night long.
You will need:
- A pair of flip-flops in your size
- Gemstones, beads or buttons
- A hot glue gun and glue sticks
- A pair of tweezers
- Arrange the beads / stones / buttons onto your shoes before sticking them down so that you have a good idea of how you plan to design them and how they will look. Lay them down on the floor in the correct pattern so that it is easy to pick them up and glue them correctly.
- Turn on the glue gun. This glue will get cool very quickly, so work in small time increments.
- Start gluing the beads / buttons / stones in the centre of the strap (i.e. where it meets between your toes). This will guarantee symmetry when the job is done.
- Apply a few drops of glue to the strap and stick the stones / buttons / beads down firmly.
- Be creative and experiment with combinations, perhaps adding feathers or shells as features.
- Make sure you get plenty of photographs of your bejewelled feet!
Image Courtesy of ArtBeads.com