For a colourful addition to your table, consider making your own unique napkin holders. These are easy and can also double as place name cards. They are also almost impossible to get wrong!
You will need:
- Thin cardboard in two different colours
- A pair of scissors (get ones with a patterned cutting edge if you prefer)
- Cut the card into squares the same size of the napkins.
- Fold one of the corners up to form a flap into which the paper napkin can slide (but do not fold the square in half).
- Cut the other colour of card into a design that will go onto the upturned flap – perhaps using a pair of zigzag scissors for a more fun effect. Glue it onto the flap.
- Fold the napkin in half (to form a triangle) and slide it under the flap. Ensure that all three colours (the two different cards and the napkin) are complimentary.
- If these are to act as name cards as well, simply print or write the names of your guests on the flap.
Image Courtesy of Style Me Pretty