Different types of birds symbolise different things all over the world; from peace and prosperity to good luck, happiness and peace. The term “lovebirds” is used to describe those that are in the throes of romance and a healthy dose of obsession with one another.
Wedding Invitations 21 | Little Flamingo
As part of the recent trend towards country chic and classic vintage styles, birdcages and images of birds and feathers have re-emerged in fashion, décor and wedding themes.
This makes a bird-themed wedding a great choice for a sweet, romantic and nature-inspired day full of love.
Here are just some of our ideas to make your avian day extra special:
- Use faux bird nests for candle holders or as large centrepieces.
- Include feathers in your attire by donning boas.
Twigs & Honey
- A birdcage veil or fascinator is a must.
- Birdcages can litter your venue and even serve various purposes (as a container for all of your cards or envelopes from guests, centrepieces crammed with fresh blooms, or candle holders, for example).
Little Things Favors
- Sew little silk birds onto the skirt of your wedding dress for added texture and reference to the theme.
- Use feathers in your bouquets, centrepieces, guest favours and décor.
Flickr | The Knot
- Add a cute couple of lovebirds to your wedding cake as ideal toppers.
- Embellish your shoes with ornate bird brooches.
- Use a subtle bird motif in the waistcoats and / or ties or cravats of the groom and his groomsmen.
- Visit our Pinterest inspiration board for more feathered inspiration!