The South African province of Limpopo is the home of the relatively large town of Tzaneen. This destination is known for its subtropical conditions, abundance of sunshine and tropical fruit farms, which set the scene for a romantic and memorable wedding and honeymoon. The hot, rainy summers create the ideal environment for densely wooded forests, while the more typical bushveld characterises the areas above the escarpment. Gardens and public areas are littered with lush, colourful blooms, and forests occupy many of the surrounding mountain slopes. Such stunning backdrops guarantee breath-taking scenery and gorgeous wedding photographs.
Tzaneen is also centrally situated within Limpopo and well connected to other major South African destinations. It is occupied and surrounded by fascinating attractions, fun activities and a number of wedding venues and accommodation facilities. Johannesburg and the OR Tambo International airport are just over 400 kilometres away and the world-renowned Kruger National Park is about 100 kilometres from this town centre. Pietersburg / Polokwane is less than 90 kilometres away, Pretoria is just over 360 kilometres away and Phalaborwa is 115 kilometres from Tzaneen. Being this centrally located means that Tzaneen is accessible to wedding service providers, you and your wedding guests. Family and friends may need to travel from other places in South Africa and, perhaps, even the world. Choosing a venue and destination that is accessible takes these ones into account, and will no doubt be greatly appreciated.
Some guests may choose to turn their trip to your wedding into a family vacation. You will no doubt find Tzaneen to be the ideal honeymoon destination. For any visitors to this area, there are a number of exciting things to do and see. These include:
- Birding – this tropical paradise is a favoured hotspots for a plethora of avian species
- The Tzaneen Museum, which tells the geographical, historical and cultural story of this destination’s rich heritage
- The many nature reserves and game parks, which include the Hans Merensky Nature Reserve, the Klaserie Game Reserve, the Makalali Conservancy, the Makutsi Conservancy, the Modjadji Cycad Reserve and the world-renowned Timbavati Game Reserve
- Play a round of golf at the Tzaneen Country Club, known as one of the best courses in Limpopo
- Follow the many hiking- and walking trails through the exquisite Wolkberg Wilderness Area
- Visit the Mangela Animal Touch Farm and Tea Garden
- Be pampered, soothed and revitalised at the Earth Spa
This article was posted by Celebration.co.za - South Africa Wedding Guide.