The lovely rich and warm scent of cinnamon is a favourite among most and reminds one of home and proudly South African home made delights. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon style to your big day with these flavoursome ideas:
- Make your own scented votive candles or candleholders by tying cinnamon sticks to the outside of a tin can or flat round candle.
- Flavour the occasion with cinnamon by lighting scented cinnamon candles or using a lovely cinnamon room spray.
- Instead of chopsticks, decorate your hair bun with a quirky cinnamon stick or two.
- Make boutonnieres out of cinnamon sticks and tie one to the base of your floral bouquet.
- Serve a selection of home made cinnamon treats like mini milk tarts,
- Decorate a crisp white wedding cake with sprinkles of cinnamon or opt for a tower of freshly baked cinnamon buns instead of cake.
- Tie place cards to sticks of cinnamon and decorate napkins with a stick or two as well.
- Using cinnamon sticks and twine, build your monograms and other pretty shapes to decorate walls and use as cake toppers.
- Sprinkle bits of cinnamon down the aisle to release more scent as you step on it.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest