Carrying the rings down the aisle may seem like a fairly straightforward exercise, but there are so many options as to just how you are going to do that that it might leave you feeling a little flustered.
Traditionally, the ring bearer is a young male family member who carries the rings down the aisle on a satin pillow. Seeing a little boy all dressed up and taking his job very seriously is always a winner for the guests watching him. However, there is plenty of scope to be innovative with your choice of ring bearer.
Here are some of our ideas:
- While a little man is the traditional choice for a ring bearer, many couples are opting to have their pet carry the ring down the aisle. This is a charming way to incorporate your loyal furry friend into your wedding party without having to worry about caring for him or her through the reception. Tie the rings to his or her collar or on a pillow on their back. Plenty of practice is a must!
- If you’d like to include a special friend in your entourage, why not have them act as your ring bearer, regardless of their age or gender? Traditions are just that, not laws; so don’t feel obligated to do something with which you are not comfortable.
- If you can’t decide on one family member, ask two or three of the little ones to present you with your rings instead, as a group effort.
- For something out of the ordinary, replace all bearers with a remote-controlled truck or aeroplane that can deliver your rings to you.
- Instead of a pillow, consider having a custom-made box or bag with your initials and wedding date inscribed or embroidered on it.
For the original photos from above as well as the credits AND more Ring Bearing wedding ideas, make sure to check out our Ring Bearers Pinterest board!