The pearl is the queen of gems and the gem of queens. ~Author Unknown
Pearls are ultimately elegant, timeless and chic. However, having become increasingly popular in recent years, they can also be used effectively for a retro look and feel. Strings of pearls or individual pearls (imitation, naturally) are so versatile; there are hundreds of colours available (even in their natural form) and most jewellers and fashion outlets stock metallic-coated ones for a more modern approach. Pearls are widely available and imitation beads can be rather cost-effective. They are more than just jewellery, but can be used extensively in the décor of your wedding venue and in your attire and accessories.
Have a look at the following tips and ideas to spark your imagination for the use of pearls in your wedding theme:
- Opt for pearl jewellery (including necklaces, earrings, bracelets, rings and tiara).
- Adorn your veil or fascinator with pretty pearls.
- Find your dream wedding shoes and add pearl detail to them yourself for unique footwear.
- Face art can look exquisite. Go to a professional and have flat, small pearls scattered around your eyes and hairline to create an ethereal, fairytale look.
- String one pearly bead onto a piece of clear gut and dot these around your hair (secured with a sliding clip) to create the illusion that your hair is naturally adorned with these gems.
- Drape strings of pearls over your candelabras and flowers to bring your pearl theme into these elements of your décor.
- Have pastel-coloured sheen balloons, which resemble oversized pearls, dotted around your venue or being held by your bridesmaids.
- Embellish your wedding gown and the bridesmaids’ dresses with pearl beading, even adding it yourself to ensure that they are genuinely unique (and that you save costs).
For more Wedding Pearls ideas, the original images above and their credits, make sure to check out our Pinterest Board!