You may have already decided on the design of your wedding gown, but have you given any real thought to the fabric? While there are plenty of options available on the market, our focus for today is cotton.
Nowadays many brides are looking at alternatives to the usual organza, taffeta, chiffon and tulle that most gowns are made of – and cotton ticks all the right boxes! This simple fabric is made of natural fibres, which in turn hold many benefits for you as a bride. Let’s explore!
- Cotton is soft, natural and breathable – a much better choice than oil-based synthetic fabrics like polyester.
- The fabric is designed to keep you cool and draw moisture away from the skin – which makes it ideal for a summer wedding!
- The fact that it’s hypoallergenic means that it won’t irritate your skin as the day goes by.
- Natural fabrics like cotton don’t contain any chemicals.
- Considered a strong fabric, it’ll withstand just about anything and resist abrasions!
- The durability of the fabric means that you’ll be able to keep your wedding gown for many years to come.
- Cotton is affordable, which makes it ideal for the bride on a budget.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest