Ooh-lah-lah! Feast your eyes on the pretty indulge that is the meringue cake! There are many delicious and delectable ways to bring wedding cake and meringues together – here’s a little taste:
- Create a tiered cake out of large flat layers of meringue, with cream filling in between.
- Meringue and fruit are a delightful combination that’s both delicious on the palate and easy on the eye.
- Cover the entire wedding cake in little meringues to give it a spiky appearance.
- Instead of simple round meringues, play around with interesting shapes like roses, hearts, twirls and more!
- Opt for a tower of meringues instead of a wedding cake, with ross in between to soften the overall look.
- For an additional surprise, fill each meringue with cream filling or caramel.
- We love the combination of meringues and cake glitter – simply out of this world!
- Instead of crunchy meringues, consider topping or covering the cake with soft meringue (like you’d find on top of a lemon meringue pie).
- In South Africa we love pavlova! Instead of a wedding cake, serve a variety of pavlovas (large meringue with fruit and cream on top) for guests to indulge in.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest