Have your say on your wedding day with a stunningly striking typography cake! Whether you’re obsessed with the written word or simply smitten with typefaces, the idea of a typographical wedding cake is bound to appeal to you.
Nowadays cake designers have a variety of writing and embossing tools to write in just about any type of font – from calligraphy and cursive to simple sans serifs. But the real question is: What to say, what to say? We’ve got some thoughts on the matter:
- Go for something simple and bold like your wedding date, “Mr & Mrs”, “I love you” or your personally designed monogram.
- Decorate the cake with a verse or quote that bears great meaning to you.
- Ask cherished and special friends and family members to write down words of wisdom, which the cake designer can recreate in frosting.
- Opt for an extract from the song of your first dance or another song that you both hold dear.
- Keep it light-hearted with a sugary sweet tongue-in-cheek quote about love or marriage.
- If you’re truly bold, leave the cake blank until the wedding day where guests can then “sign” the cake with a cake pen or food colouring.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest