If you’re as mad about avocados as we are at the moment, you (and certainly your guests) will be head over heals for these avocado popsicles with a naughty twist:
You will need:
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp lime zest
- 5 ripe avocados
- ½ cup lime juice
- 2½ cups tequila
- ½ tsp salt
Now for the fun part:
- Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and leave it on the heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the lime zest to the mixture and leave it to cool to room temperature.
- Strain the mixture into a bowl in order to remove the zest, and chill for several hours.
- Cut the avocados in half and use a spoon to remove all the soft flesh.
- Place the avocado in a blender with the lime juice, tequila and salt, and process until a smooth mixture is obtained.
- Add the zesty sugar syrup that you chilled in the fridge and stir everything together until well blended.
- Pour the final mixture into popsicle molds and freeze until solid.
Serve the popsicles on your wedding day as an alternative to traditional welcome drinks or as a naughty treat at dessert time.
Image Credits: View the Vibe, The Food Explorer