Nothing says true love quite like pretty pink and luscious red. While these two romantic colours are usually associated with Valentine’s Day, the wedding day is way more romantic and much more deserving of this loving colour scheme.
A few seasons back the idea of combining pink and red would’ve definitely raised many eyebrows, but today anything goes and quite frankly we couldn’t be happier. Because the two colours lie next to one another on the colour spectrum, you can really have oodles of fun with the shades to create some deliciously sweet eye candy:
- For a simple contrast, choose one shade of red and one shade of pink and stick to it. Also note that a lighter shade if pink will create a more noticeable contrast while combining a darker pink with the red creates an interesting ensemble.
- Alternatively, use multiple shades of pink to create a softer and gorgeously girly ambience.
Once you’ve settled on your theme colours, it’s time to get crafty and creative with the colours of love:
- Pink and red are stunning candy colours, so set up a candy or dessert table in your theme colours – candy floss, marshmallows and toffee apples are simply a must.
- Use hearts as part of your underlying theme – on the walls, in the bouquets, on the tables, on the wedding cake, you name it!
- When it comes to flowers in this colour, you’re simply spoiled for choice. Roses especially are a fabulous option.
- Add plenty of white to lighten the theme – more white, less drama.
- Red bridesmaid dresses are very much in fashion at the moment, so dress your ladies in this stunning colour and add a pair of pink heels and a bouquet for a touch of pizzaz.
- Coloured wedding gowns are one of the hottest trends for the 2012/2013 wedding season, so if you’re brave enough choose a dress in these colours.
- Choose vivid red ties for the grooms men with pink boutonnières and/or braces.
- For dessert, serve pink meringue nests with juicy red berries and cream, or pink milkshakes with strawberry garnish.
For more ideas on Pink and Red Weddings or to check out the original photos displayed above and their credits, make sure to check out our Pink and Red Weddings Pinterest Board!