When you mention the words “mint and chocolate”, you won’t only see chocoholics’ mouths start to salivate but also that of wedding planners and décor fundies. This rich and delicious colour scheme is definitely a chart topper and while it oozes soft feminity, even the groom will approve.
Depending on the mint-to-chocolate ratio, the theme can range from a minty fresh crisp and cool ambience, to a more classy and sensual theme that relies more heavily on the chocolate. The success of this theme lies in creating contrasts between the rich deep brown tones and soft fresh mint shades, which can be taken a step further by combining clean cut brown fabrics and elements with mint coloured frills and delicate chiiffon. Let’s have al look at some sweet and decadent ideas – dig in!
- Instead of a white dinner jacket, dress your hubby-to-be in a cool mint coloured jacket with open-collared shirt.
- If you have chocolate brown hair, quite simply adorn it with mint coloured hair accessories.
- For your guest favours, fill mint coloured boxes with decadent chocolates, or chocolate coloured boxes with tiny mints.
- Instead of flowers, choose desert rose succulents for your bouquet – after all, they’re pretty much mint coloured.
- Choose chocolate brown dresses for your bridesmaids with mint details for an evening wedding, and mint dresses with chocolate coloured accessories for a lighter styled morning affair.
- Dress the grooms men in chocolate brown pants and mint bow ties or braces – minus the jackets, this is a fun laid-back look that works for both a semi-formal and informal occasion.
- What’s more scrumptious than a chocolate ganache cake with tiny mint coloured decorations? Nothing.
- Then again, if you want to take the theme to a tasty level, serve a mint chocolate cake instead, or a chocolate cake with mint coloured icing.
- Create a striking candy or dessert table using only mint and chocolate coloured treats – now that shouldn’t be too difficult to find!
- Serve pepermint crips tart and chocolate mousse for dessert.
- Make fabric flowers for the napkin rings or centrepieces using mint lace and chocolate brown buttons.
Original images and credits available on Pinterest