Lavender and red speak of bright yet mysterious adventures – think Alice in Wonderland for instance! The softness of lavender combined with the sumptuous splash of red makes for a striking and appealing colour scheme that says ooh-lah-lah!
The one thing that these two colours have in common is the fact that both speak of royal and regal luxury, so you can veer more towards rich opulence.
- Add a touch of pink or peach to give the theme more depth. Thanks to the red undertones of these colours, they work well together.
- In terms of flowers, use red roses and lavender, or other pretties like lilies and violets.
- Drape the walls with the two different colours, and consider using different shades to make your venue come to life, and give it a more cozy feel.
- Deck the dessert tables in a variety of lavender treats like mini lavender cheesecakes, red velvet and raspberry delights.
- Roll out the red carpet and top the chairs with plush lavender cushions to really make your guests feel at home.
- Dress your bridesmaids in lavender gowns with bright red shoes – how fun!
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest