There’s nothing quite as mesmerising as a colour scheme that takes you by surprise – like this combination lime green and grey, for instance. Hear it, and you can’t help but wonder why anyone in their right mind would opt for such a strange combination; see it, and you can’t help but fall in love.
As you’ve probably picked up, the wedding world has broken away from luminous lime, instead favouring a softer and more natural shade of green. Combined with the season’s favourite base colour – grey – it makes for a fresh country ambience that’s perfect for a late summer or spring wedding. Be sure to add touches of crisp white and crystal-ware to keep the grey from getting too heavy and subdued.
- Choose crisp white flowers with a soft green undertone, like green hydrangeas, roses and lilies for the centre pieces and bouquets. Alternatively, scrap the flowers altogether and opt for greenery, succulents and foliage all around.
- Grey suits have definitely taken a huge leap on the popularity scale and are perfect for the occasion. Paired with a green boutonniere, tie, socks, braces or waistcoat, your darling dearest will look stylish and feel comfortable in the African heat.
- Grey bridesmaid dresses? Yes please! To break the “cold” character of the colour, stick to soft and feminine fabrics like lace, chiffon and tulle. Jazzed up with a few simple lime touches, it’s enchanting elegance in its purest form.
- Drape the tables in a combination of grey and white linen! Also use plenty of antique silverware and greenery in clear crystal vases to keep things light and airy.
- We love stripes! It’s fun, playful, fresh and stylish, just like this theme. So whether you opt for grey striped table cloths or a lime striped photo booth backdrop, stripes are a must.
- Serve refreshing lime mojitos upon guests’ arrival and zhoosh ’em up even more with lime or grey spiral straws.
- If you’re an August baby, incorporate your birthstone – the light green peridot – into your jewellery and accessories, and play around with plenty of vintage silver.
- Have your pictures taken in a soft green pasture or fairytale forest. Alternatively, if you’re looking for the perfect grey backdrop, head out into the olive orchard for a whimsical wedding shoot.
For the original photos and their credits PLUS more inspiration, make sure to check out the Lime Green and Grey Weddings Pinterest Board!