The colour combination of formal navy (so often used to represent the military or royalty) with vibrant lime green creates a fabulous spectacle for your wedding guests. It is simultaneously elegant and funky, formal and fun. This makes the combination ultimately timeless, while looking great in your wedding pictures.
Lime green is often found in nature, so use natural items, like green Hydrangeas, limes and Granny Smith apples, in your décor and in your design elements to bring the theme across effectively. Lime green does not suit everybody’s complexion; so, if you plan to dress your entourage in this vibrant shade, first ensure that it suits them. Otherwise, they will look pasty and dull in your wedding photographs.
Navy blue and lime green also work particularly well as a polka dot combination. If you decide to use polka dots, make them consistent throughout your stationery, décor and accessories. Use them in your invitations, bridesmaids’ attire (shoes, etc…), balloons in your venues, and so on.
Here are some more ideas to create a great navy and lime colour combination:
- Peacock feathers boast vibrant greens and deep navy blues, so use these as a distinctive design element in their own right.
- Arrange apples and limes as table centrepieces or have your bridesmaids hold baskets of these fruits instead of flowers.
- Green Hydrangeas look incredible when paired with navy blue table runners.
- Serve lime cocktails to your guests as they arrive.
- Navy draping or painted walls look stunning when accented with lime-coloured splashes.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest