Style Me Pretty
The colour combination of navy and white is not reserved to nautical themed weddings (although it is ideal for these). Having white as part of your official wedding colour scheme is ideal for brides that want to keep certain items in their traditional white (such as the wedding dress, confetti and cake icing). The navy blue creates an elegant edge to the white, and can act as the more masculine complement to it.
Because of the contrast of the dark and the light, the stark of the white and the depth of the blue, the combination of navy and white is effective – both at the event and in your wedding photographs. This is very important as not all colours translate well both in real life and in your pictures.
Here are some ideas for your navy and white wedding theme:
- Put vibrant blue flowers into glass vases filled with milk instead of water to accomplish a great blue and white look. Dilute the milk with water so that you don’t use too much milk for all of your flowers. Alternatively, dye the water blue with food colouring and pair this with pretty white flowers.
- Add navy blue to your wedding dress. This can be as a sash, belt, pair of shoes, or fascinator.
- Wear gorgeous sapphire jewellery (insist on the real deal for this special event!)
- Serve the meal on traditional blue and white china.
- Dress the groom and groomsmen in white suits with navy shirts.
Find more inspiration from these gorgeous pictures.
Green Wedding Shoes
The Garter Girl
The Hostess with the Mostess
Lizelle Lotter Photography