Pewter and Rose: Timeless Elegance
Grey and pink is a very popular colour scheme for the 2011 / 2012 wedding season. And a very elegant variation of this colour scheme has to be pewter and rose. Pewter is a metallic grey and rose can be described as ‘dusty pink’. If used correctly, pewter and rose can create a very romantic atmosphere.
Here are some tips and ideas for a pewter and rose wedding:
- Use pewter as an accent colour with dusty pink and white, as too much pewter can be very dark.
- Let your colour scheme shine through in your wedding stationery. Use grey patterns and text on soft pink paper. Alternatively you can use pink and grey designs on a white background.
- Bridal make-up should be kept soft and natural. Add some colour by wearing dusty pink heels or a floral hairclip.
- Add splashes of pewter with pitchers, birdcages or jewellery boxes in your centrepieces. Pewter tiffany chairs and underplates will also look elegant.
- Place pink roses, peonies and candles around your venue. Keep tablecloths white or soft pink.
- Dress your groom and his groomsmen in grey suits with white shirts and dusty pink neckties.
- Bridesmaids can wear dusty pink or grey dresses. Keep accessories simple.
For more pewter and rose inspiration, be sure to check our inspiration board on Pinterest.