The plush combination of a deep plum and a rich ivory is guaranteed to give your wedding an utter sense of sophistication and elegance. Because of the depth of this colour theme, it works best for dramatic, formal evening weddings. If used in very small quantities, it may translate to a daytime event, but still requires that it is a formal celebration.
Plum and ivory is, as a colour combination, neither feminine nor masculine. This is advantageous because it means that both the bride and groom can look and feel comfortable and gorgeous. It is very often the case that the groom does not feel comfortable because he is required to wear feminine shades that the bride-to-be has chosen.
Here are some ideas for your plum and ivory wedding theme:
- Incorporate brinjals or eggplants into your centrepieces for the perfect plum feature in your décor.
- Plum flowers that can be combined with ivory-coloured roses include irises and purple orchids.
- Opt for an ivory dress with plum accessories (such as a brooch or sash). A white dress is not out of the question, but ivory will enhance your theme more and not detract from it.
- Pair pearls with amethyst and plum-coloured gems in your jewellery and accessories.
- Dress the gents in plush plum suits for a retro vintage look.
For more ideas on Plum and Ivory Weddings or to check out the original photos displayed above and their credits, make sure to check out our Plum and Ivory Weddings Pinterest board!