Few colours truly summarise bold passion and glamour quite like red and gold respectively – oh, how these colours just make you swoon! Drama and opulence are the key words here, however the colour scheme can still have a slightly light and rustic touch about it if you were to opt for a more pale shade of gold.
The trick to pulling off this colour scheme with the right blend of style and va-va-voom is to settle on a main colour – either red or gold – and using the other as accent. If gold is your dominant colour, don’t be afraid to go all out – think sequined gold table cloths, gold chairs or a gold-frosted wedding cake even. The same goes for red – think red chandeliers, drapes and plush red chair cushions.
Here are some more ways in which to apply the colour scheme with flair:
- Introduce an element of freshness and organic appeal by incorporating fresh red berries, apples and plums into your décor and menu.
- Both gold and red are stunning colours for bridesmaid dresses – we especially love the boldness of red floor length gowns and the pizzazz of short gold sequined dresses.
- Complete your own bridal ensemble with a stunning red bouquet and shoes, and simple yet striking gold accessories.
- Opt for red flowers that are as bold in shape as they are in colour – for instance, roses, ranunculi, gerberas, peonies and dahlias.
- Fill the venue with reflective gold elements like rimmed mirrors, golden plates and metallic vases that will reflect the light of the candles and chandeliers.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest