Chandeliers have been around since medieval times, but that doesn’t mean you need to stick to the old fashioned and out of date shapes and designs. In fact, why not go a completely different and contemporary route with one of these DIY ideas:
- Make your very own light vases and suspend them from the ceiling in clumps. Then, place water and floating candle inside each for stunning DIY chandelier.
- Use a branch to build a chandelier, twirling strings of fairy lights around it or hanging little candleholders from the mini twigs.
- Hang fairy lights from a long rod and place strings of mirrors in between for a deconstructed glitter ball effect.
- Create a chandelier out of your favourite photographs, documenting your journey as a couple from where you met to this special day.
- Hang glass jars from the ceiling, with candles inside, or better yet – invest in Consol solar jar lights. These can either go home with you or act as guest favours.
- Suspend an old wooden ladder from the ceiling and hang your lights and floral arrangements from the steps.
- Create a make-shift chandelier wreath out of vines or twigs with naked light bulbs hanging from the core.
- For something a little more fun and festive, create a hanging helium balloon or ribbon display and place your lights in between.
- Turn fresh flowers into the base for your chandelier! Dotted with stunning little fairy lights, a hanging display of fresh flowers can be just stunning once lit up.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest