There will be drinks at your wedding, will there not? Then your mother will be only too proud to see coasters on the table as well. Coasters might seem like quite a banal addition to the wedding table, but in reality it gives you an added opportunity to customise and personalise your day – right down to something as small as the humble coaster.
- Have coasters printed with your favourite engagement picture on it to be used on the tables at the reception venue.
- Spoil your guests with stunning bamboo, wood or glass coasters that match the theme of your wedding.
- Support a local charity that makes wire coasters or carved wooden ones.
- Move away from the typical square coasters and consider shapes like hearts, ovals and even triangles.
- Set up a stand where creative guests can decorate their own set of coasters to take home as a guest favour.
- Have your menu printed on the coasters – two birds with one stone, as the saying goes!
- Instead of traditional coasters, use mini doilies to add a touch of “home” and nostalgia.
- Use the coaster as name care at each place setting by having the coasters branded with guests’ names.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest