Big, small, fluffy, trim, smooth, long, curved – you name it! Feathers are available in a variety of sizes, colours and shapes to suit the style of any bride and wedding day – from bohemian to 20s vintage. What’s more, a couple of feather finishes here and there are enough to make quite the statement – here are some ideas:
- Make your own feather glass decorations by attaching a small clump to the stem.
- Create your own hair accessories by tying feathers to a piece of twine and then braiding it into your hair.
- Scatter the feathers down the centre of the table.
- Decorate tall white candles with feathers by simply gluing them around the sides or attaching them to a ribbon first.
- Top the wedding cake with a mini “bouquet” of feathers, or ask the cake designer to draw inspiration from feather textures.
- Attach a small clump of feathers to the back each chair and decorate the sides of the wedding aisle with bunches of feathers.
- Dangle feathers from the chandeliers or make your own lighting element by filling a tall vase with feathers and fairy lights.
- Have feathers sewn onto your wedding gown and complete the groom’s outfit with a matching feather boutonniere.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest