If you love flowers fresh, chances are you’ll love them in print form too. Why are we so smitten with floral prints, you ask? Simple: These stunning designs bring happiness to any occasion and add a feeling of “texture” to an otherwise flat colour scheme.
As long as you don’t overdo it with the florals pieces and patterns, this can be quite a striking and interesting theme. The key is to introduce the patterns in a way that surprises – especially ideal in scenarios where guests would otherwise expect to see monotone fabrics or colours. For instance:
- Drape the tables in full floral tablecloths – so very vintage, so very festive.
- Choose stunning flowing floral printed dresses for your bridesmaids, and complete your own ensemble with floral heels.
- Opt for a floral design inspired wedding cake – simple and a decadent feast for the eye.
- Place your guest favours in lovely handmade floral fabric bags.
- Use floral printed ribbon to add finishing touches to things like the napkins, stationery elements and chair covers.
- Make large floral backdrops for key areas like the bar and photo booth.
- Frame pieces of floral wall paper in large vintage wooden frames and hang it on the wall as focal pieces.
- If hubby to be is up for it, complete his outfit with a contemporary floral printed shirt.
- Steal the show and break away from tradition in a stunning floor length floral print wedding gown.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest