Traditionally, the getaway car is decorated with tin cans, lipstick, shaving cream and pretty much just about anything that guests can get their hands on – a messy affair indeed! Veer away from tradition with these lovely and stylish ideas for pre-decorating your getaway mobile yourself:
- Instead of cans, attach long lengths of ribbons in colours matching your wedding theme, to the back bumper.
- Then again, cans don’t have to be a no-go – simply decorate the cans by spray painting them in a colour of your choice.
- Let each guest write a word of wisdom on one of the tin cans before attaching it to the car – that way it becomes a more meaningful tradition.
- We just love the idea of a big floral wreath decorating the back window of the car.
- Decorate the roof of the car with a big bunch of plump and colourful helium balloons.
- Hang large fluffy tissue paper pompoms from the back of the car or opt for festive flower orbs.
- Have custom license plates made with your surname or wedding date printed on it.
- Make pretty bunting or floral- and beaded strings that can hang off the back of the car.
- Who says only the back of the car should be decorated? Stuff additional flowers and pretties in between the wiper blades and front window to complete the picture.
- Attach a floral wreath to the grill of the car or drape the bonnet in soft folds of fabric.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest