Bookworms, writers or lovers of all things that exude an antique charm can incorporate old books into their wedding theme effectively for a really unique look and feel. Old books imply sophistication; an old-world fascination that steeps libraries and museums in their intriguing beauty and interest.
Over the Moon | Cabrieres
Old books are easy to source and are generally quite cost effective, making for a really different, fun and budget-friendly element for a novel wedding theme.
Leipzig Floral Design
Lucy Dylan Weddings
Be innovative and daring when considering how and where to use old books to create the charming ambience of a quaint bookshop.
Oh So Beautiful Paper
Pretty Little Weddings
Some ideas include:
- Pile them as centrepieces on each of the reception venue’s tables instead of traditional flowers.
- Fashion your wedding cake to look like a well-read novel with dog-eared pages.
- As guest favours, give your friends and family members book ends, bookmarks or library cards.
I Wed Style | Pretty Little Weddings
- Hand-write your wedding invitation on a bookmark and insert these into some of your favourite classics, bought at second-hand shops, for very special invites.
- Use books in your wedding photographs as props.
- Have custom-made shoes created using print motifs, perhaps of your favourite poetry or romantic passage.
Table 6 Productions | Pretty Little Weddings