Flowers are expensive and it’s one of the wedding day elements that are most prone to giving brides a shock when the true budgeting begins. Often it’s difficult to justify spending so much on something that will eventually wilt and die – so enter: The humble pot plant.
The lovely thing about using pot plants as décor elements on your wedding day, is the longevity aspect – these pretties can either become part of your new love nest or guests can take it home as a favour. As a bonus benefit, pot plants are a lovely and ideal solution for securing tent corners and picnic blankets on a windy day.
Here are a couple of easy ways to seamlessly incorporate everyday pot plants into the décor of your big day:
- Use pot plants as centrepieces on the guest tables and arrange it down the sides of the wedding aisle.
- Consider upside down hanging pot plants, suspended from the ceiling, as part of your wedding day décor.
- Arrange a selection of mini pot plants in the middle of your guest tables. Not only does it act as a centerpiece but guests can each take a plant as favour when the day is done.
- Instead of lighting unity candles, plant a new little seedling together to symbolise your new marriage.
- Decorate large pot plants with strands of fairy lights to introduce a sense of woodlands whimsy.
- Build a display of pot plants and candles as a backdrop for the wedding photo booth.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest