You don’t have to be a construction worker or a garden landscaping artist to truly appreciate and make the most of a wheelbarrow! This charming little pushcart is chockfull of potential, with the capacity to hold whatever prettiness you can think of putting inside.
Here are a couple of ideas get the ball and barrow rolling:
- Use a wheelbarrow as drinks barrel, filling it with ice and a variety of ice cold beers, soft drinks and fruit juices – in fact, your barman can even wheel the drinks to your guests!
- Alternatively turn it into a giant snack basket, packing it to the brim with anything from bagged candyfloss and popcorn to cookie bags.
- Turn the wheelbarrow into a striking flower focal piece with freshly picked blossoms and foliage spilling over the side.
- Wheel it along to the photo session and use your wheelbarrow as a fun prop – whether he pushes you along the dirt road or you both climb inside for cuddle time. Another option is to have your groom’s men wheel the bridesmaids down the aisle.
- Turn it into an unusual table plan! Fill the barrow with soil and pebbles and plant your guest place cards (mounted on planter sticks) in the wheelbarrow.
- A wheelbarrow is the ideal spot for guests to leave their gifts or for you to display guest favours. We especially love the idea of mini planter pots of seed packets, as it’s just so fitting for the theme.
- If you’re having an outdoor wedding, use the wheelbarrow to provide guests with blankets, fans or umbrellas.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest.