Twist them, turn them, knot them, shape them! Vines truly are one of the most versatile bits of foliage on Mother Nature’s menu.
- Make lovely crowns for you and the bridesmaids to wear in your hair, or keep a lookout for gold vine jewellery pieces.
- Twist and tie vines around the candleholders and chandeliers or, alternatively, combine the vines with fairy lights for an enchanting display.
- Draw inspiration from vines when choosing or designing your stationery and wedding invitations.
- Use ivy leaves as place cards – as they are or spray painted gold – and use a permanent marker to write guests’ names on it.
- Make napkin rings and curtain tie-backs out of short vines.
- Twist pieces of vine around a simple crisp white wedding cake to really make it pop.
- Serve food and drinks “off the vine”, like a wide selection of choice wines with strawberries and other vine fruits.
- Tie pieces of vine around pillars, banisters, chair backs and doorways.
- Opt for a wedding dress design that uses lace with a vine motive or incorporates vine prints in some contemporary way.
- Twist pieces of vine around wire frames (hearts, monograms, the works) to create striking decorations.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest