Stir sticks are a staple at any big event any time of year – whether it’s used to stir up the layers of that fruity summer cocktail or to infuse a hot steaming mug of mocha with a dash of vanilla. But as we’ve come to learn over the years, even the most common element can become something of a focal piece – conversation starter even – when handled with a little finesse and creativity.
Here are some ideas for zhooshing up your stir sticks:
- Look into having high quality stir sticks made, each branded with a guest’s name – a lovely and practical take-home memento.
- Attach a funny quip, joke, love quote or conversation starter to the edge of the stir stick.
- Decorate your stir stick with laser cut cardboard shapes that match your wedding theme – and why not add a dash of glitter, just for the fun of it?
- Top off the sticks with little flags with your names and wedding date printed on it or have your names “branded” into the wooden sides of the sticks.
- Opt for round skewer-type stirring sticks and decorate the end by sliding a large bead onto it and gluing it in place.
- In the case of hot drinks, rock candy stir sticks are simply perfect.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest