One of the greatest benefits of getting married outside is the free use of Mother Nature’s décor elements. Trees are especially enchanting and with a touch of decoration, they can become quite the focal piece – here are some decorative ideas:
- Drape the tree in long lengths of soft flowing fabric like chiffon or silk – also ideal as alternative gazebo under which to say your “I dos”.
- Hang little bird cages and origami birds from the tree branches.
- Lights are always enchanting, especially fairy lights and candle lanterns.
- Cover the tree trunk and branches in a waterfall of stunning fresh flowers, or hang flower orbs or wreaths from the branches.
- Turn the tree into a collage by pinning your favourite couple photos to the trunk.
- Alternatively, make a literal family tree with photos of all your family members.
- Hang glass bottles from the branches filled with either candles or fresh blossoms.
- Opt for a selection of Chinese lanterns in varying shapes and sizes.
- Go the surrealistic route by hanging unusual items like chairs, books and colourful cushions from the trees.
- Outdoor hanging chandeliers are fast becoming the next big thing, so hang these from the branches.
- Create a fun outdoor photo booth by suspending large picture frames from the branches.
- For a vintage feel decorate the trees with colourful bunting or strings of pearls.
- Decorate the trees with long dangling strings of prettiness – for instance hanging crystals, paper cutouts or flowers.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest