How many times have you come across a super cute tin or can and thought: I wish I had a better purpose for you than carrying mints in my handbag? Well, today’s post is all about repurposing that cute little tin and turning it into a lovely guest favour or table decoration. It’s a lot easier than it seems, and your guests will be smitten!
You will need:
- Old candles or candle wax
- Small metal bowl or empty tin can
- Empty tin
- Candle wick
- Hot glue gun
- Needle or safety pin
- Essential oil, grated citrus rind, vanilla, or cinnamon
- Paper towel
- Crayons (optional)
Now to get started:
- Melt your candle wax or old candles in a double boiler.
- Put the needle or safety pin through your wick, and balance it on the edge of the tin so that the wick hangs neatly in the middle.
- Once the wax is melted, stir in your scented oil or add a couple of crayon shavings to change the colour.
- Gently pour the wax into the tin, being careful not to move the wick.
- Allow the candle to dry thoroughly overnight.
- Decorate the can with rhinestones, ribbons, paint and all types of prettiness!
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest