A cork is one of those common household items that usually ends up in the garbage – what purpose does it serve, really? Well, before you throw it away, here are three methods to turn this bland object into an important aspect of your wedding: The place cards.
- Place the cork on its side so that it lies flat.
- Cut a slit in the side from its top to its bottom. Be careful not to cut all the way through. A third of the cork’s depth will be perfect.
- You can put the cork either on its side or standing upright with the name card slid in horisontally.
- If you have sparkling wine corks, you can use the same process but cut a shallower slit in the top and keep the cork upright with the name card stuck in the top.
- Take 2,4 or 6 corks and tie them together. If you are using 6, ensure that the corks stay in two rows.
- Use the gap between the corks as the slit and slot your name cards in between the corks.
- This allows more room for creativity in terms of decorating the corks, but you will need at least twice the amount of corks compared to the first method.
- Cut the corks into pieces of the same height. This can be long strips or circles, depending on how you want to cut it.
- Glue the sides of the pieces together to create a flat mat.
- Paste your name cards flat on the cork place mat, which also acts as a guest favour.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest