The last time you played with clay, you were probably a little less worried about your nails and more worried about baking the perfect clay cookies. Nowadays clay can be put to use the most creative ways, adding a touch of fun and DIY-magic to your big day:
- Clay is such a versatile thing! You can shape it, paint it, mosaic it and engrave it. The possibilities are endless.
- Make place cards our clay and decorate it according to your theme.
- Sculpt clay figurines out of clay to match your theme (like birds, feathers, flowers or hearts) and hang them in your venue.
- Use pottery vases to display your flowers and decorate the tables with pottery base plates.
- If you have children present at your wedding, give them each a big ball of play dough to play with.
- Incorporate the rich brown colour of clay and terracotta into your wedding to really make clay your central theme.
- Instead of a guest book, have a big slab of clay where guests can write a message with toothpicks in the wet clay. After the wedding you can have it baked for your new home!
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest