This is the perfect DIY answer to the question “but which glass was mine again?” Chalkboard glasses are the epitome of practicality and they also make the ideal guest favour – here’s how to make your own:
You will need:
- Wine glasses
- Masking tape
- Chalkboard paint
- Paint brush (optional)
To get started:
- Prepare your workspace for the mess by covering everything in newspaper.
- Ensure that the glasses are free of any residue, water or dust before you start.
- Decide how far up the stem you want the black board paint to be applied, and stick a piece of masking tape around the stem to ensure an even line.
- To paint the base of the wine glass, you have one of two options:
- OPTION 1: Pour the paint in a deep container and dip the base of the glasses in the paint. Be sure to let all excess paint drip off before placing the glass upside down to dry.
- OPTION 2: Use the paintbrush to carefully apply the paint to the base of the wine glass. The trick is to only apply a thin layer before setting the glass aside to dry. Once dry, you can paint on a second layer.
- Peel off the masking tape. If the paint line is a little uneven, simply tie a ribbon around the stem to conceal the line.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest