Lace and candlelight – probably two of the most romantic elements combined in one nifty DIY. Let’s get cracking!
You will need:
- Thick lace ribbon
- A shot glass or small glass candle holder
- Tea light candle
- Clear glue or a glue gun
- Embellishments like rhinestones or little pearls
To make your candle holder:
- Start by measuring your lace by wrapping it around the glass and finding the point where the two ends meet up. Cut the ribbon straight at this point.
- Draw a line of clear glue from the rim of the glass to the base and stick one end of the ribbon down.
- Apply two lines of glue – one at the top just below the rim and one at the bottom just above the base.
- Place the glass on its side on a flat surface so that the lace part that’s already stuck down is lying flat on the table.
- Now roll the glass gently over the flat surface, keeping the ribbon taught. This will ensure that the ribbon sticks evenly.
- End if off by applying a final line of glue from rim to base, right at the end where the ribbon meets
- Finally, complete your project by gluing your embellishments along the “seam” to round it off neatly.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest