A guest’s seat at the wedding is pretty sacred if you think about it – not only was it personally assigned, but it will be the guest’s “home” for the duration of the wedding reception. Make your honoured people feel right at home by getting your hands dirty and making your very own DIY place settings:
- Cover the tables in long lengths of paper, and write each guest’s name on the table-paper at their place setting – by hand, of course.
- Make your own place mats which guests can take home as a favour after the wedding – for instance, flat slabs of wood with the names scorched into the wood.
- Apply touches of lace to the place mat as well as around the cutlery, and write your guest’s name on the lace with a fabric marker.
- If you’re planning an autumn or organic themed wedding, use dry leaves or river stones as place cards to round off the setting.
- Wine corks make excellent place card holders and can also be strung together to make a place mat – the options are endless, wine lovers!
- Round off the place setting with a beautifully and artfully folded napkin – go for a class if you must!
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest