While gushing over pretty pictures of stunning fishnet veils, we came across this easy step-by-step DIY birdcage project. So let’s get cracking on your very own mini veil!
What you’ll need:
- 30 x 30 cm piece of netting of your choice – fishnet works a charm!
- A hair clip or hair slide (which will be used to attach the veil to your hair)
- Fabric glue (optional)
- Needle and thread
- Optional embellishment
- Thread the cotton through the needle. Tie the end of the thread to one corner of the netting and stitch along that one edge of the veil material (thread the needle through the loops of the netting – in and out, in and out).
- Pull the netting tight around the thread so that it gathers on the one side.
- Stitch up the gathered part and secure it by knotting the ends of the tread. You should now have your basic bird cage in front of you.
- Next you need to attach your chosen hair clip or hair comb to the veil. The idea is to either sew or glue it to the gathered section of the netting so that it “flares out” across your face from this point.
Once that’s done, you have the option of decorating the veil with any large embellishment of your choice – for instance, a fabric flower or diamanté brooch.
Pictures and DIY (adapted) from Wedding Chicks