There’s nothing more frustrating than knowing exactly what you want, but not finding it anywhere in the shops. This is especially so when it comes to your wedding shoes! Today’s post is all about taking matters into your own hands, and giving your shoes a DIY upgrade, unlike anything you’ll find in a shop.
- Personalise your dancing pumps with cute and colourful buttons! Simply glue them on all over, or in key areas like the nose.
- Decorate the bottom sole of your shoe with vinyl stickers that say something like “I do” or your wedding date.
- If you have an artistic friend, ask him or her to turn your shoes into a work of art.
- Sometimes even something as simple as a diamanté brooch on the nose of each shoe is all it needs to take it up a level.
- Tie-dye your shoes into any colour you can imagine! Ideal if you’ve got a colour scheme with two or more colours.
- Add a vintage touch to your shoes by sewing or gluing lace onto it. Alternatively, add a couple of stick-on pearls or bling.
- Forget shoes! Hippie shoes are perfect for an outdoor or beach wedding.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest