We all want to be responsible and recycle, and now you can use your special day of love to do just that. As an added bonus, this saves money and gives you something to do with all those extra corks! Still, this idea is not just about doing the right thing, it also looks fabulous! Cork doesn’t only have to be in the form of plugs from used wine bottles (although we find these irresistible), but can be in any shape and form you like. Be innovative and inventive.
To source large numbers of corks, contact wine farms and restaurants, as they may have loads with which they are willing to part for just such an occasion.
Here are some of our ideas for your cork-themed wedding:
- Cork wedge shoes are gorgeous and comfy – the perfect accessory under your wedding gown or on your bridesmaids.
- Give each guest a glass bottle or beaker with a cork lid, filled with a cute message from the two of you, jam or home-made muesli as a sweet guest favour.
- In your wedding photos, place your wedding rings onto different corks as a cute prop idea.
- Use cork boards for your table plans, menus and table settings.
- Arrange your corks into giant hearts, stars or your initials. These will make fabulous table centrepieces, or perhaps even cake toppers.
- Add embellishments, hooks and rings to corks to create key rings, jewellery, ornaments (dragonflies, butterflies, pigs, whatever) for your guests to take home with them.
Credit: Dex knows
Credit: Three Little Words Paper
Credit: Christian Louboutin Topshop
Credit: My Wedding
Credit: Ardent Photography
Credit: My Wedding
Credit: Mcclanahan Studio
Credit: Lavish Fine Events
Credit: Peanutbearys on Etsy
Credit: Noah Photography, Zakka Life
Corks are without a doubt great fun to use for little features within your wedding. For more ideas, make sure to check our out Corky Wedding Ideas Pinterest board for other ways of using corks in your wedding!
Main Photo Credit: 100 Layer Cake