Rope in your bridesmaids for this stunning rustic DIY project – the perfect decoration for chair backs, centre pieces, walls, you name it! You will need:
- Long length of thick rope
- White cold glue
- ½ cup of corn starch
- ¼ cup of warm water
- Wax paper
Let’s get started!
- Choose your words! The trick is to keep it short – the longer the word, the harder it will be to create.
- Unroll the wax paper and spread it out over your work area.
- Grab a pencil and write the word on the wax paper. If you don’t have faith in your handwriting, print out the word on paper and place it under the wax paper to trace it.
- Mix together your corn starch, glue and water until all lumps are removed.
- Slowly start feeding the rope through the glue mixture and onto the wax paper, laying it down over the pencilled letters.
- Wherever the rope overlaps, make sure you press down extra hard – you don’t want the rope to become undone!
- Keep feeding the rope through the glue until your word has been “written” on the paper.
- Leave to dry overnight, and then peel your word off the paper. Voila!
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest
Rope and Anchor Products Available
The requested RSS feed cannot be loaded at this time. This XML document is invalid, likely due to invalid characters. XML error: Undeclared entity error at line 22, column 68