Sea glass candy is, as the name suggests, the ideal treat or guest favour for a beach themed wedding. Then again, since you can literally choose any colour under the rainbow, it’s suitable for practically any style of wedding. Here’s how to make your own:
- 2 cups white sugar
- ¾ cup of water
- ¾ cup of corn syrup
- ¼ tsp essence of your choice
- Food colouring
- Icing sugar
Now to get started:
- Grease a baking tray with butter or line it with waxed paper.
- Place a saucepan on the stove and bring up to medium heat.
- Add the sugar to the pan and stir until it’s dissolved.
- Now, let the mixture boil, stirring occasionally – this should take about 30 minutes. To check if it’s ready, drop a tiny bit into ice water – if it immediately turns brittle, you know it’s good to go.
- Add your essence to the sugar mixture and food colouring until the desired colour is achieved.
- Pour your mixture into the greased baking tray.
- Place it in the fridge to cool until its completely hardened.
- Remove the “pane” of hardened candy from the tray and wrap it in waxed paper.
- Place it on a cutting board and use a hammer to smash it to pieces – as big or small as you want.
- Finally, dust the candy shards with icing sugar to give it the sea glass look.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest