Flowers are expensive – that’s no secret! But with a bit of DIY creativity you can cut the budget by quite a bit – take these lovely rustic succulent boutonnieres for instance:
- Succulent cuttings
- Wire cutters
- Floral tape
- Boutonniere Pin
Now to get started:
- Choose your succulents, making sure to select a variety of colours and textures. If you’re using a whole plant, may need to cut off the roots.
- Succulents don’t have very long stems therefore you’ll have to create your own using wire. Simply insert a piece of wire in the base of the succulent and push it through until halfway up the existing stem.
- Cut off a piece of floral tape and wrap the actual stem of the succulent all the way so you even cover the wire.
- Bend the wire stem to make the succulent make in the direction you want.
- After you’ve created a stem for each of the succulents you are going to use, start putting together the boutonniere. Start by wrapping two of the succulents together, and then add the third – using floral tape to tie everything together in a neat and tidy fashion.
- Once that’s done, you can add ribbon and a pin – voila!
Original images and their credits on Pinterest