Chocolate truffles are, undeniably, one of life’s truest, purest pleasures. Make your own delicious chocolate and coffee truffles, using this easy recipe:
You will need:
- 250 grams dark chocolate, broken into small pieces (at least 70% cocoa)
- 250 millilitres double cream
- 100 grams chocolate (milk, dark or white)
- 50 grams unsalted butter, diced (room temperature)
- ½ teaspoon instant coffee granules (or to taste)
- Bring the cream to the boil in a saucepan.
- Put the chocolate and coffee into a mixing bowl and slowly add the hot cream to the bowl.
- Stir gently until the chocolate has melted completely.
- Leave this mixture to cool for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the butter and stir gently. There must be no oil on top of the mixture, and it should have the consistency of mayonnaise.
- Put the mixture into the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Remove from the fridge and, with cool or cold hands, roll portions of the mixture into small balls and place these on wax paper.
- Melt the white-, dark- or milk chocolate and roll the balls in this to form an outer chocolate shell.
- Allow to set and enjoy these with your lover this Valentine’s Day.