The smooth curly curve of a fiddlehead certainly pulls at the heartstrings of any arts, culture and music lover. Whether made out of wire or carved out of wood, this stunning design element is oh-so whimsical in nature and can be used to add a little charm to just about any aspect of the wedding day – here’s what we mean:
- Make your own fiddleheads by shaping a thick piece of wire into a coil, which can then be added as a little extra in your bridal bouquet and other floral arrangements.
- Incorporate the swirly design into your stationery and paper elements.
- Decorate the wedding cake with swirls and top it with marzipan or wire fiddleheads.
- Keep an eye out for interesting fiddlehead inspired jewellery and accessories.
- Adorn the tables with fiddlehead inspired chandeliers and also include other wrought iron elements in the wedding décor.
- Extend the theme into the menu by serving snails and having the chefs decorate the plates with swirls of sauce.
- Hire a string quartet to set the mood either at the reception, cocktail party or ceremony.
- If one or both of you are skilled at playing the fiddle, work a little romantic serenade into the programme.
- Instead of a guest book, have your guests write and carve their messages onto an old fiddle (that no longer plays).
- Add a touch of whimsy to the wedding venue décor by hanging intricate paper coils from the ceiling and chandeliers.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest