This season we’re absolutely smitten with big chunky flowers – hydrangeas, lilies, big open roses and of course the tulip! These bright and beautiful blossoms are available in a wide spectrum of colours which makes them the perfect any occasion flower. Tulips are generally quite a pricey, but because they make such a statement you can easily get away with using only a small number.
- Spoil each guest with a tulip bulb to plant in their garden – a sustainable guest favour that will remind them of your wedding day for months after.
- Wear a single tulip or a whimsical little tulip crown in your hair. If you have long luscious locks, consider braiding it and decorating it with a cascade of colourful tulips.
- Decorate the wedding cake with fresh tulips or have your florist make dainty little chocolate or fondant blossoms.
- Assign a different colour or shade of tulip to each of the guest tables and attach each guest’s names of the relevant colour flower.
- Because of their long stems, tulips are easily twisted or woven together. Use wire shapes as your base and create tulip hearts, crosses and any shape that fits your theme.
- Arrange a bunch of freshly picked tulips in a glass vase (crisp and contemporary) or wooden pail (for something a little more rustic).
- Instead of paper confetti or petals, fill glass vases with tulip heads. Each guest can then take a head, strip the petals and scatter it over you as you leave the ceremony venue.
- To make a real statement either carry a big bunch of tulips or one or two long stemmed tulips. Alternatively mix it up with other blooms of the same colour.
- Hanging floral arrangements are very much in fashion, and with their long stems and heavy heads, tulips are the ideal flower for a floating creation.
For more wedding tulip ideas, original photos and their credits, please make sure to check out our Tulip Weddings Pinterest Board!