The small agricultural town of Hazyview is situated in the picturesque South African province of Mpumalanga. Home to a range of charming and interesting sights and sounds, Hazyview is most popular for its close proximity to the internationally-acclaimed attraction of the Kruger National Park. Because it is the home-base for many visitors to the area, Hazyview is equipped with many hotels, guesthouses, Bed & Breakfasts, restaurants, shopping centres and so on; catering to the needs and desires of valued visitors from all over the world.
Its name originates from the iconic haze that characterises the town on hot summer days. This blurred heat combined with the tropical fruit plantations and the plethora of naturally spectacular vistas guarantees that Hazyview offers prospective bridal couples the best in gorgeous South African wedding venues. Because of its close proximity to many tourist attractions, including Kruger National Park, it is also ideal for honeymooning couples wanting to explore southern Africa at its best. It is accessible as travellers can reach it from Johannesburg or Mozambique along the N4 motorway.
Although small, there are plenty of wedding-related services and products in and around the town of Hazyview. What is not available within these nearby surrounds will certainly be obtainable in Johannesburg.
Local attractions in Hazyview include:
- The Windmill Wine Shop (with a great selection of beers and wines for thirsty guests)
- The Brewery
- Summerfields Kitchen
For couples that are staying here for their honeymoon or wedding guests that are making a vacation out of their trip to the area, there are many lovely attractions in the nearby vicinity:
- Hot air ballooning for a bird’s eye view of a different kind
- The Blyde River Canyon, with its breath-taking views over the Klein Drakensberg Escarpment
- Shangana Cultural Village, where young and old can enjoy learning all about the ancient tribal people of this area
- The Gustav Klingbiel Nature Reserve
- The Kruger National Park
- Perry’s Bridge Reptile Park
- Sabi Sands Game Reserve
- Sabi River Golf Course
- Helicopter flips over the mountains and gorges
Photo Credit: shooterfoodblog.dailymail.co.uk