These mini mock “wedding cakes” are just too cute for words and, with a bit of patience and precision, not that difficult to make yourself.
You will need:
- Normal sized marshmallows
- Extra-large sized marshmallows (also known as “braai marshmallows” available from Woolworths and other retail outlets)
- Chocolate – milk, dark or white (measure out approximately 3 small blocks of chocolate per mini “wedding cake” pop)
- Cake decorations
- A small cherry / cake star / topper of choice
- Skewer sticks
- A large piece of Styrofoam to keep the skewers upright while drying
To make the wedding cake pops:
- Thread your biggest marshmallow onto the skewer stick.
- Next, poke the end of the skewer into the smaller marshmallow, taking care not to push it all the way through.
- Melt a small bit of chocolate in the microwave and use this as “glue” between the two marshmallows to stick them together.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 until all your “wedding cake” pops are ready.
- Melt a small batch of chocolate in a double boiler.
- Grab a marshmallow skewer and cover it in a layer of chocolate. Here you might need to experiment – in some cases, dipping it straight in might cause the marshmallows to slip off the skewer, in which case you can revert to using a spoon to pour the chocolate over the marshmallows.
- Stick the bottom end of the skewer in the Styrofoam base, and decorate with cake embellishments while the chocolate is still soft.
- Repeat steps 5 to 7 until all your cake pops are done!
- Leave for a couple of hours to cool. Wrap in cellophane or store in an airtight container.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest